Thursday, August 23, 2012

Silly Sentences

So today, I was shopping for furniture and decorations for my new apartment!  And, of course, the only things I ended up purchasing were games for my classroom.  How I found kid games in a furniture store., I don't even know...haha.


One of the games I found is called Very Silly Sentences and I think my kids are going to love it!  Last year, I made an activity  "Silly Sentences" with an idea from someone on pinterest, and this game is almost the same concept.


The activity I made:
Each part of the sentence (articles, nouns, verbs, adjectives) is color coded. The kids are given the correct order the colors need to go in (I did rainbow order for the activity I made).



Next, the kids put the sentences together to create a silly sentence.  I store these in plastic bags and each bag has enough words to make 4 sentences.



Then, I created a worksheet where the kids have to copy their sentences and then draw a picture to represent the sentence.  I feel as though the picture drawing is what helped my kids comprehend the sentences and it also helped them get the concept of "silly." (Click on the worksheet image below to get a copy!)




I plan on using this worksheet to go along with the game as well! 







No comments:

Post a Comment